Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting Started

I like to plan ahead, yet I am the worst procrastinator. I'm working on that.

Friday I went to Home Depot to buy the wood for the panel frames. Brian gave me a list of supplies that the Dad's Club would need to build the frames for me. I am so grateful for the Dads that volunteered to do this, since I have no experience in woodworking. At ALL!

I must have looked lost at Home Depot, because a teenager in an orange apron asked me if I needed help. I told him what I needed, and after looking a little lost himself, decided to ask another teenager for help. They both apologized to me, saying that the "lumber guy" was not in. A trip that should have taken 15 minutes took over an hour. Brian wanted pine. Who knew that Douglas Fir was pine? Not the teenagers helping me! Luckily the cashier knew that Douglas Fir IS Pine. Duh...I should have known that too.

Anyway, eventually I got out of there with my wood and dropped off the supplies at Brian's house. The Dads got together on Saturday to make them.

The mural will be 11 feet by 16 feet, so they made eight 4 feet by 5 1/2 feet frames. I will be stretching canvas on each frame and when we are done painting on them, we will put them all together to make one HUGE mural. I'm so excited. I think the kids are going to love making something to hang in their Multi Purpose Room.

I am now on a quest to find canvas, so I can start stretching...the canvas that is.

Stormy

No comments:

Post a Comment