Friday, May 28, 2010

Art Fair/Reveal


The Art Fair was a huge success. I was really impressed by the number of parents that came out to see the mural and the kids' art that was displayed around the school.

Mr. Landon introduced me, and probably thought he was doing me a favor by not handing my the mic, but I did wish I had gotten the opportunity to give a huge thanks to the kids and all of their hard work. They totally rocked it!

I also wanted to talk about the meaning of the six character words growing in the gardens. It was meant to represent the little ones who come into Kindergarten like little seeds. Just like a garden they grown when nourished, and they are nourished with knowledge while they are in school. Each year they get a little bigger, and their characters ripen, until they are ready to be plucked from the garden and sent off to junior high.

Pablo Picasso said, "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one, once he grows up." I wanted to tell the kids that if they enjoyed making art with me, to do it every day, and they will continue to grow as an artist.

I loved inspiring the kids, and they showed their appreciation each and every day when they would give me hugs, and make me pictures. Thank you, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment