Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Student Teaching at Perry High School


My student teaching experience felt like I had won the lottery.  I had the most amazing cooperating teacher.  Our teaching styles were very similar.  We also had the same twisted sense of humor and laughed almost as much as we taught.  I also lucked out getting the most amazing group of high school students.  they welcomed me into their classroom, and were so supportive while I learned their names and the daily routines of a Sculpture class.


The final project in the Sculpture II class was an Identity Totem.  They were to create a likeness of themselves, and use color and symbols to represent aspects of their lives, their interests and their personalities.  The results were unbelievable.



Some students chose to glaze their totems, while some used watercolor and/or acrylic paint.







No comments:

Post a Comment