Sunday, August 11, 2013

New Classroom

This week was my first week teaching elementary art.  My room was completely clean and well stocked, thank goodness!  However, I had to try to make the room look inviting and as a first year teacher, I don't have much to use for decoration.  This was my room before working on it:

I must have moved the tables around three or four times trying to find just the right arrangement.  I wanted to be able to move around freely, but group the students together somewhat so they could share supplies.  I finally decided on three tables of eight, and two tables of four that allowed for a demonstration/supply table up front.


I added some color here and there, but will add some student art work soon, when my students finish their first artwork, Hand Art.   Soon it will be warm and colorful with all of their hands on the walls.  

The kids have been amazing so far.  I can't wait to get to know each of them individually!  This is going to be a great year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment