Monday, September 2, 2013

Four Weeks In Already

We just finished week four!  Time flies when you are having fun.  Everyone contributed to a collaborative Hand Art mural for my walls.  They look great, but next time I will have the students make them on tagboard, as the fingers are curling up in my humid room.  I staple a few of them open each day.  They are going to be a LOT of fun to take down.  I better get a good quality staple remover because it will definitely be a big job.

Right now I am really excited about the Negative Space Leaf Drawing that 4th Grade is doing.  I will post pictures soon.  They are turning out AMAZING!  Sixth grade has been learning about One Point Perspective.  We will begin a drawing this week.  Fifth grade made contour line drawings of their hands.  It is harder than it looks!  Third grade did some guided drawing practice, and 2nd grade learned how to do lettering with bubble letters.  First graders are currently working on an imagination drawing of what it would be like if the dinosaurs came back.  Kindergarten made scribble drawings this week.

Next week some classes will begin to make their Art Portfolios.  Then we can start to collect the art we have been making.

This is seriously the best job ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment